Kashmiri Dum Aloo is a very famous baby potato recipe in India. But have you tasted dry dum aloo before?
This is a very easy to make, quick and fuss-free recipe. This is great to serve as a party starter, evening snacks, or to be relished with Phulka, Puri, Naan, etc.
All ingredients that go in this recipe are easily available in every home. In case you don’t have baby potatoes you can use normal potatoes cut into 4 pieces.
RECIPE FOR DRY DUM ALOO
- ½ kg Baby Potatoes
- ½ tsp Caraway Seeds / Jeera
- 1 tsp Kasuri Methi
- Pinch Asafoetida
- Chopped Coriander Leaves to Garnish
- Roasted/Toasted Seasame Seeds to Garnish
Ingredients to Mix in Water:
- 2 tbsp red chili powder
- 3 tbsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp dry mango powder / aamchur
- pinch asafoetida
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ¾ th spoon salt
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- Boil the Potatoes. Peel and half fry them on low flame.
- Now mix all the Ingredients under Ingredients to Mix in Water in ½ glass of water.
- In a pan, add ghee, caraway seeds/jeera, kasuri methi, asafoetida, and cook till caraway seeds turns brown.
- Now add the masala water to this. Let it reduce on high flame.
- Now add potatoes and mix well. Cook on low flame for about a minute.
- To serve, garnish with chopped coriander and roasted/toasted sesame seeds.