- 180g almond powder
- 60g desiccated coconut
- 1/4 tsp, salt
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 eggs (each egg 60g)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 175g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tbsp almond flakes
- icing sugar (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Butter a 23-24cm springform cake tray and line the base and sides with buttered baking paper. Or butter the base and sides well and dust with flour and keep aside.
- In a bowl add almond powder, coconut, salt and sugar and stir well with a whisk until combined well.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla essence till properly mixed.
- Then add in the cooled butter and mix till it is completely incorporated.
- Tip the butter mixture into the almond mix and stir them together. The batter will be quite loose.
- Pour this into the prepared baking pan and spread it out evenly.
- Scatter the almond flakes on top.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until the top of the cake springs back slowly when you press it gently.
- Cool the cake inside the tin on a wire wrack.
- Once the cake gets cooled, invert it onto the rack, remove the baking paper and invert it again onto the serving plate. Sprinkle icing sugar on top if desired.
To share your recipe, email me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you try this recipe, do send me a photo of it via Email or you can tag me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
To try more such recipes, click here.
Leave a Reply