Crispy Potato Wedges tossed in honey with a touch of spice.
Potatoes(cut into wedges & blanched) : 5-6 medium
Garlic paste : 1 teaspoon
Red chilly paste : 2 teaspoons
Red chilly sauce : 2 teaspoons
Cornflour/corn starch : 5 tablespoons
Garlic,chopped : 5-6 cloves
Red chilly flakes : 1 tablespoon
Vinegar : 2 teaspoons
Honey : 2 tablespoons
Sugar : 1/2 teaspoon
Spring onion greens,chopped : 2 stalks
Oil : 1 tablespoon + to deep fry
Salt to taste
Sesame seeds for garnishing(roasted or raw)
- Heat sufficient oil in a non-stick pan. Deep fry
- potato wedges till crisp and golden. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Heat two tablespoons oil in another non-stick pan.
- Add garlic and ginger. Saute for a minute.
- Add spring onion bulbs, mix well and saute till
- onions are translucent.
- Add red chilly sauce, vinegar, red chilly flakes,
- sugar. Mix well and cook for half minute.
- Add salt and mix well. Lower the heat and add fried
- potato wedges. Mix well, add half of the spring onion greens and mix again.
- Turn off the flame, add honey and little of sesame seeds. Mix well.
- Garnish with the remaining spring onion greens and sesame seeds. Serve Hot
For more crispy wedges-
Blanch the potatoes a day before or at least 2-3 hours prior. Let it cool. Cut them into wedges and coat with a little of olive oil. Store it in freezer.