This is the most mouth watering side dish or it can be even eaten as an evening snack. As the name says it is made out of cheese and potatoes with some herbs to enhance the taste.
2-3 large potatoes, boiled and grated
4 cheese cubes, grated
1 tsp chilly flakes
2 tsp dried herbs
1/4 tsp garlic powder or 1/2 clove garlic finely crushed
1/2 tablespoon cornflour
1/2 cup bread crumbs
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
- Boil the potatoes until tender. peel the skin and grate the potatoes.
- add all the ingredients to the potato except cheese. mix it well with your hands. If the mixture is wet or loose add a little cornflour.
- Add the grated cheese to this mixture and mix well.
- Rub some oil to your palms. Now make small sized balls out of this mixture.
- Place a deep kadai Or wok on fire. Once oil is hot reduce the heat to low Or medium. Spread bread crumbs on a dish. Roll the cheese potato balls over it. Coat the balls nicely with the bread crumbs.
- Deep fry the balls until golden brown from all sides. Remove the fried balls with the help of slotted spoon. Place on absorbent napkins to absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot with green chutney Or sauce.
You can make them in any size and shape.
You can use ready-made packs of mixed herbs instead of using chilly flakes, garlic powder and dried herbs.