Ganesh Chaturthi is a Hindu festival that celebrates the birthday of Lord Ganesha, the Hindu god of wisdom and success. It is celebrated in many parts of India, and now also in a few regions globally.
Food plays a major role in any celebration. Many kinds of sweets are prepared during Ganesh Chaturthi, and offered to Lord Ganesha as bhog or prasad.
It is said that Modaks were favorite of Lord Ganesha. But this year, due to pandemic, we could not get sweets from outside. So I decided to prepare Modaks at home.
But, along with making sweets, it is also necessary to keep in mind about the health of our family. Which is why I made Immunity Boosting Modaks using GRD Protein Bix.
GRD Protein Bix has been a recent favorite at my place. GRD Bix Diskette is formulated with protein, carbohydrate, vitamins, and minerals. It supports general health, well being, and immunity. It is useful for aiding treatment of general weakness, Anorexia. It has the goodness of puffed rice and contains zero cholesterol.
Key Ingredients of GRD Protein Bix:
Key Benefits of GRD Protein Bix:
- It helps in providing the body with energy
- It is used to facilitate weight gain
- Contains 18 essential nutrients and contains no added sodium and potassium
- It helps improve general health and increases immunity
I have made Modaks using my favorite ingredients – Betel Leaf, Ginger Powder, Liquorice Powder, Coconut, GRD Protein Bix Cardamom Flavored, and Condensed Milk. Since I am using Condensed milk, i did not use sugar for this recipe.
Health Benefits of Betel Leaf –
- reduces blood sugar thereby treating diabetes,
- heals wounds
- cures headache
- treats cough and cold
- treats asthama, etc
Health Benefits of Ginger Powder –
- relieves upset stomach
- improves metabolism
- aids common cold
Health Benefits of Liquorice Powder –
- aids diabetes
- aids indigestion
- cures sore throat
Health Benefits of Coconut –
- controls diabetes
- highly nutritious
- antiviral, antifungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-parasitic
RECIPE FOR INSTANT IMMUNITY BOOSTING MODAK
This recipe is perfect to make 11 medium sized modaks. You can adjust the sweetness. This recipe is made without heat so it is quick, easy and fuss free recipe. Here I am using Calcutta Betel Leaves because it is rich in flavor and gives a very good color. But you can use any betel leaf that you like.
- 6 betel leaves
- 5 GRD Protein Bix Cardamom Flavored Diskettes
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp of Condensed Milk
- 1 cup of fresh/desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsbp ginger powder
- 1/2 tbsp liquorice powder
- 1/2 tsbp mix mukhwas
- Ghee to Coat Modak Mould
- Gulkand to Stuff
- Discard the stems of 6 betel leaves. The stems have a bold flavor, which may spoil the flavor of modaks.
- Now take a mixture jar, roughly tear the leaves with your hand and add to the jar.
- Take 5 GRD Protein Bix, rougly break it with yiur hand and add to the jar.
- Now add 1/4th cup of condensed milk to this. Blend this mixture till smooth. (You can also use 2 drops of green food color to enhance the color of modaks, but I recommend to avoid doing it)
- Now in a bowl, add 1 cup of crushed coconut, 1/2 tbsp ginger powder, 1/2 tsbp liquorice powder, 1/2 tbsp mix mukhwas, 1 tbsp condensed milk and the blended mixture.
- Mix everything together with a spoon. Then, use your hand to combine everything to a smooth dough.
- Take a small portion in your hand and try to form ladoo. This is to check the binding and consistency of the modak. If it forms a proper shape without breaking, your mixture is perfect. If you feel it is loose, you can add a little coconut.
- Now take a modak mould, coat it with ghee, and press the mixture on it.
- On one side, gently press with your finger to make space for stuffing. Stuff gulkand in it, and close the mould.
- Press the mould. Now open it, and gently unmould the modak.
- Likewise make all other modaks.
Your modaks are ready to be served.
If you try this recipe, do send me a photo of it via Email or you can tag me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
To try more such recipes, click here.
Leave a Reply