Vegetable Hakka Noodles is an Indo-Chinese recipe that is loved by all ages. This is one delicious dish made by my Mummy that was loved by all my friends in School, College, and now even in the office.
This is a very quick and easy recipe. It is great for tiffin, breakfast, evening snacks, or even meals. You can add any vegetables of your choice. You can also skip using some veggies. I am sure you will love this noodles recipe and that will have you craving for more.
RECIPE OF VEGETABLE HAKKA NOODLES
- 1 pack of Hakka Noodles
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped/crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped/crushed green chili
- 1 tbsp finely chopped/crushed ginger chili
- 1/2 cup sliced or cubed onion
- 1/4 cup sliced capsicum
- 1/4 cup chopped and parboiled carrots & french beans
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onion greens to garnish
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 1/2 tsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp Green Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp Red Chili Sauce
- 2 cubes of Maggi Magic Masala
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Vinegar (Optional)
- Boil the noodles according to instructions on the package. Strain and run it under tap water. (This helps stop the cooking process)
- In a wok, add oil. Once it is heated, add garlic, ginger, and chili and saute until it starts changing color.
- Add onion and saute until it turns translucent.
- Add in the carrots, french beans, capsicum, and cook for 1 minute on high heat. The veggies should remain crunchy.
- Now, lower the heat and add soy sauce, red chili sauce, green chili sauce, powdered magic masala cubes, and salt.
- Toss the veggies to combine well with the sauce.
- Add cabbage, noodles & vinegar(optional) and toss till it combines.
- Turn off the flame and garnish it with spring onion greens.
You can serve this along with Schezwan Sauce, Manchurian, Chilli Potatoes, etc.
- Do not overcook the noodles as they will turn mushy and soft.
- In case you want to boil noodles and cook it later, just toss the noodles with a tsp of oil and they are good to keep for a few hours.
- Indo-Chinese is generally made in more oil because it enhances the flavor of food.
- You can adjust the sauces according to your taste preference.