Green tea is popularly known as a weight loss drink. But there are many other benefits to drinking green tea. It is a good way to flush out toxins in your body, promote heart health, and reduce cancer risk. It may even help prevent oral diseases such as cavities, gingivitis, and periodontal disease. Read the blog to know more about the benefits of green tea
Aids in weight loss
- green tea is a natural appetite suppressant. green tea helps you lose weight
- green tea is high in antioxidants
- green tea is a natural metabolism booster
Reduces Risk of Cancer
- Green tea contains antioxidants called catechins, which may prevent damage to DNA. This can reduce the risk of cancer.
- Green tea is also a source of fluoride, which may help prevent tooth decay.
Promotes heart health
- Green tea is a natural source of antioxidants. Studies have shown that those who regularly drink green tea are at lower risk for heart disease and stroke, both of which can lead to heart attacks.
- One study found that people who drank four or more cups of green tea per day were 37 percent less likely to die from heart disease than those who did not consume green tea. Another study showed similar results in smokers, as well as reduced risk of cancer mortality (death from cancer).
Regulates Blood Sugar
- Green tea contains polyphenols, which have been shown to help regulate blood sugar by preventing the body from absorbing sugar from food.
- A study in the Diabetes Care journal found that drinking green tea helped lower blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes.
Improves Oral Health
- Green tea has natural antibacterial properties that help fight gum disease. The fluoride found in green tea helps to strengthen the enamel of the teeth, preventing cavities from forming. Green tea contains calcium and other minerals that promote healthy gums, as well as antioxidants that can prevent tooth decay.
- Studies have shown that drinking green tea on a regular basis may help prevent periodontal disease (gum disease).
We hope that you have enjoyed reading about the benefits of green tea. It is a wonderful drink, and I recommend it to anyone who wants to improve their health and well-being. A cup or two of green tea every day will help your body heal!