I absolutely love the crispy potato wedges that McDonald’s serves. But during the lockdown, finding Mcdonald’s potato wedges was the toughest task. This is when my brother discovered this ultimate crispy potato wedges recipe. Enjoy this as a snack along with tea or serve it for your next party!
- 4 medium-sized potatoes
- 1 cup of refined flour
- ¼ cup of cornflour
- 2tbsp of rice flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder/crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon white pepper powder
- oil for frying
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly. Do not peel the skin. Cut the potatoes in wedges style.
- In a pan, add water and bring it to boil. Now add 1 teaspoon salt and put in the potatoes. Boil for 8-10 minutes or until the potatoes are 80% done. To check, try picking it with a fork, the potatoes should be half cooked.
- For the wedges marination – in a large bowl add refined flour, corn flour, rice flour, oregano, chilli flakes, garlic powder, salt and mix well. Now add water to make a batter. The consistency should be medium, more towards the thinner side.
- Add the boiled potato wedges, mix well to coat with batter.
- In a kadhai, heat oil. Fry the potatoe wedges till crisp and golden brown.
- Immediately serve them hot with tomato ketchup, cheese dip or mayonnaise.
- You can add crushed garlic and thyme for added flavor.
- You can also top the wedges with some cheese sauce to make cheesy wedges.