Hibiscus Tea is a beautiful red-colored herbal tea. It is very refreshing and can be had hot or cold. It tastes somewhat like cranberry.
Traditionally it is made with dried hibiscus leaves, but I make it with Fresh Flowers. Because if your surrounding has such beautiful flowers, then why not?
Benefits of Hibiscus Tea:
- It’s caffeine-free
- Helps reduce blood pressure
- Helps control cholesterol level
- Relives digestive problems
- Immunity Booster
- Helps with inflammatory problems, curing liver disease, and reducing the risk of cancer
- It helps speed up metabolism and helps in healthy gradual weight loss, treating hypertension and anxiety.
How to Make Hibiscus Tea using Fresh Hibiscus
- Fresh Red Colored Hibiscus Flower
- Lemon Juice
- Honey if required
- Take a fresh red hibiscus flower, and discard its stem and stigma. What you should have are only the petals. (Make sure there are no holes in the flower)
- Wash the flower petals underwater & place it in a teacup.
- Boil water in a teapot, and pour hot water over the flower.
- Add 2-3 drops of lemon juice.
- Cover the cup and allow it to rest for 10 secs.
- Now strain the tea and enjoy!
(You can also add honey to the tea if required).
If you try this recipe, do send me a photo of it via Email or you can tag me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
To try more such recipes, click here.
Leave a Reply