I and my brother used to hate eating dry fruits and drinking milk in our childhood. My parents tried their best to give us soaked dry fruits, dry fruits in halwa or paratha, and in different forms. We still picked out dry fruits and kept aside.
My father once came up with the recipe of Masala Milk which is made with powdered dry fruits, cardamom, sugar, saffron, turmeric, milk powder, and milk. Every time during monsoon and winter season, this is one pre-mix that he always prepares for us.
Masala Milk has many health benefits. It is a soothing, calming, and nutritious beverage packed with antioxidants, vitamin E, and zinc.
RECIPE FOR MASALA MILK PRE-MIX
- 6 Cashew
- 6 Almond
- 6 Pistachio
- 4 Cardamom
- 6 tsp of Sugar
- ¼ tsp of Turmeric Powder
- 8-10 Strands of Saffron
- 40 gm Milk Powder
- In a dry mixture jar, grind all the ingredients except Milk Powder to a smooth or coarse powder. (My father keeps almost a smooth powder because we don’t like biting Dry fruits)
- Transfer this to an airtight container.
- Now add Milk Powder in the container and shake well to combine milk powder and dry fruits mix.
Add 1 tbsp of masala milk pre-mix to 1 cup of hot/cold milk. Enjoy!
- You can store this powder for approx 1 month in the refrigerator.
- Masala Milk Pre-Mix can also be used to make kulfi, ice creams or you can stuff in parathas.
If you try this recipe, do send me a photo of it via Email or you can tag me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
To try more such recipes, click here.
I love that this is a childhood memory as they are always the best food memories! Bookmarking so I can try this recipe!