Monsoon is here! And so are the Corns in the market. And this makes it the best time to prepare delicious recipes using Corn.
Corn Dhokla is a very good combination of sweet corn and traditional dhokla. It is very delicious and quite nutritious. You can prepare corn dhokla for breakfast or tea time.
- 1 Cup Idli Batter
- 1 Cup Rava
- 1/2 Cup Curd
- 1 tsp Chili Paste
- 1 Cup Crushed Corn
- Pinch of Turmeric
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of Eno
INGREDIENTS FOR TEMPERING:
- Mustard Seeds
- Sesame Seeds
- Curry Leaves
- In a bowl, take Idli Batter & Rava. Mix and keep aside for 1 hour.
- After an hour, add crushed chili paste, curd, crushed corn, turmeric, salt to the batter.
- Add Eno to the batter and stir in one direction for approx 1 minute.
- Now, pour batter immediately into each greased plate and fill it upto 1/2-inch thickness.
- Place plates in steamer and steam for 10-15 minutes over high flame.
- After 10-12 minutes, insert a knife or toothpick into dhokla and check if it comes out clean. If it does, then it is ready otherwise cook 2-3 minutes more.
- Takeout plates from steamer and let them cool for few minutes. Cut dhokla into small squares using knife.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a small pan or tempering pan. Add mustard seeds. When seeds begin to crackle, add sesame seeds, curry leaves, saute them for few seconds.
- Tempering is ready, pour it over dhoklas evenly.
- Serve along with Green Chutney & Garlic Chutney.