Lemongrass tea is a very refreshing tea. But unlike other teas, there are no tea leaves added to this. Lemongrass is a tall, slender green grass with a white stalk. It has a lemony smell & taste. It is commonly used to enhance the flavor of milk tea.
To make the Lemongrass Tea, fresh or dried lemongrass is steeped into hot water for 3-5 mins. This tea can be served hot or chilled. It has a sweet & refreshing flavor of lemongrass.
Health Benefits of Lemongrass Tea:
- Rich in antioxidants
- Prevents growth of bacteria and fungus
- Helps prevent cold & cough
- Helps in better digestion
- Calms upset stomach
- Helps naturally detoxify
- Regulates Cholesterol & Blood pressure
How many cups of Lemongrass Tea can you have in a day?
I recommend to have 1-2 cups freshly brewed lemongrass tea everyday. Consuming this for on a regular basis will be beneficial to your health.
RECIPE OF LEMONGRASS TEA
- 2 tsp Lemongrass Leaves / 10 cm Lemongrass
- 2 cups of Hot Water
- Rinse lemongrass. Cut it into smaller pieces using a scissor.
- Add this in a teapot. Pour boiling hot water over this.
- Allow it to steep for 3-5 mins. Color changes to light green.
- Strain and serve hot.
- You can add honey/sugar if required.
If you want to enjoy this cold, allow the steeped tea to cool on room temperature. Then refrigerate for 1-2 hours.